Sunday, April 10, 2005

Grown Up.

Today was AFA re-exam. Or rather, exam for the whole Corps except the Sec 1s.

After today, then I realised how much I have grown. In these few years of SJ senior life. I think it is very stupid lahz, but I think I feel good.

OKie, today this morning there was a meeting in DHS, which I thought was 9 and actually was 10, so I missed an hour of sleep. Alright that's not the important point. Most of the seniors were at this meeting and we were supposed to be down in HQ for exam in the afternoon. The cadets were supposed to be there by 1330h. So, I left the meeting early to go down to HQ to book a room for a meeting next week, as the Admin Officer closes at 1. So it just happened that I was the only senior (next to Serene who was the invigilator of the theory, or rather later became the CPR examiner) there when it was 1330h. (as the rest of the seniors finished meeting late and had to rush down). So seeing the very messy cadets situation, was pretty sianz at that type of scenerio, I made all of them fall in. Then somehow, I end up coordinating the people going for the various examinations for our Corps. (cos' the rest was eating) Seriously I didn't know there was a DO cos no senior appeared at 1330h to take the cadets, (yah, junyang was there maybe 1340h, but he couldn't be the DO mah, haha) so I just scheduled and planned, keep pressing for the zone people to get started with our Corps. (duh, cos they delay our time by at least half hour, and East View SS Corps waited for 2 hours in the morning before they could start the exam, and Greenview was still queuing to take CPR, and Chung Cheng pple, who came at 0900h, after 4.5 hours, are still taking the exam. sounds great isn't it?) Aiyah, so I ended up coordinating, and I am amazed at how well I could coordinate nowadays, maybe too experienced being a DO cos' my batch little people and had to keep doing DO. Haha, it's just me, or Chee Wee. Take turns huh? (Even last year jnco also take turns, we just passed over DO duties in the morning parade to each other every day, except fourth and fifth day. lol)

So anyway, I just keep on coordinating, and I didn't know there was a Duty Officer for today. Whatever, I felt pretty stupid, cos' by right Year 3 liao shouldn't be doing such stuff, let the younger ones do it. But on the other hand, I was communicating quite alright with the Zone people to coordinate stuff, which was something I never expect, cos' I don't like to talk to people outside the Corps usually. Maybe OTC, SNCO, and getting involved in the Zone Comp this year did help in this area. Perhaps cos' I know them all, coordinating became easier. I think when I was Year 1, I will be like Yanqi (DO today), don't dare go in find the Zone Staff Officer or something. And I, being a person who usually keep quiet, even when there's problems will try to shut up, wait and hope someone will bring it up, usually not very initiated to do stuff, suddenly presented the other side of me today. I took initiative to find the officer to get our Corps into the exam room, asked whether some people can take exam first, etc. Maybe cos' this time I am with SJ, seriously in school I don't do that. I will keep quiet, wait for someone to say the problem, or someone to volunteer to go this kinda stuff. Even when I was in Yr 2 as a senior, I wasn't those type who will speak up. But this year it seemed different. Perhaps cos' I am older (it comes with age?), so I am more willing to speak up, less afraid to get slammed, etc.

Seriously I am surprised at myself today. Cos' like I said, as a Yr3, I usually leave all these kinda stuff to the younger ones, so I don't really feel the difference. Difference of me growing up. Perhaps God wants me to know about this thing that I improved in. And now, I can finally say, being a senior in St John has changed me.

No comments: