Okie. Now I got this time to talk about National Day when I saw Serene's blog post about our nation's birthday.
I haven't been watching National Day for perhaps the past 2-3 years, including this year. Reason being, everyone is so busy, and National Day is a public holiday that seems like a perfect day to meet up, even though NDP is on TV etc.
So for this year, I went out with my uni clique, and it was pretty cool, almost like watching NDP, in a different sense. We didn't see all those contingents, parade commander and audience shouting and choir singing. We didn't hear the nice national songs, see the displays by the students in the centre, nor join in everyone singing the national anthem. But I still think we got a pretty spectacular view. Where did we go?
We went to Boat Quay to eat dinner, and sat at a table just next to Singapore River, and the view was one that was overlooking the Fullerton Hotel and the Asian Civilisation Museum. You may wonder what is so great about those buildings, it's not those buildings, but the stadium that is located behind those buildings. We saw all the sky effects of NDP, starting from the parachuters with their beautiful red smoke descending into the stadium, the helicopter carrying the national flag (which flew past over our heads, cool), more parachuters with the lights descending at night, all those fighter jets that flew with the smoke making patterns and having great coordination in the air. Display of the aircrafts of Singapore Air Force, and of course, the fireworks! No big crowd, happily sitting there to watch the scene, and eating Thai food. Cool isn't it? I think I will go back next year. Haha.
Oh yeah, I should watch out for the re-telecast of the NDP, dunno if it's over yet. Then I can say I have watched it on tv, and the real thing too!
No comments:
Post a Comment