Sunday, October 30, 2005

A new perspective.

I often wondered why my mum so li hai can work and iron clothes and even cook dinner. So while I was ironing clothes today, I thought of perhaps a reason why. It was out of love for the family. Ironing may be some crappy job that you spend time over... but...


My experience of half a year's worth of ironing my whole family's clothes:

At first, I thought it's argh, a stupid job. Waste my time. Why can't guys iron for themselves. Why is my family so traditional. Why must girls iron for guys. (I am always for men and women are equal perspective, maybe not in certain areas, but certainly housework is an area where both are equal) Why is it my job, not my bro's not my dad's. I take a looong time ironing, and I am irritated everyday by this stupid fact that I had to iron clothes and wash clothes everytime I came home.

After some time, after I quit my job, I started to schedule so that I iron on Thursdays and Sundays. (For all who tried to ask me out on Thursdays, this is why I cannot meet earlier than 1 or 2 p.m. haha. For all those who tried to ask me out on Sundays, this is one reason why I don't really like to go out on Sundays.) Thursday being a day free from school, Sunday as well. So I do not need to iron in the middle of the nights everyday... And I ironed faster, 5 minutes or less a piece... And I started to iron as fast as I could to reach some sense of achievement (I know this is stupid, but then if there's no rewards, I also dun feel like doing it sia. So this is how I keep myself going) I would count how many pieces I ironed in how many minutes. lol.

Nowadays, I couldn't be bothered to count. I am back to why am I ironing dotz... So my answer would be, cos' this is my mum's job, if she's not here, somebody gotta do it. She ironed for me for so many years, it's time that I help her iron for the family. It's like doing her a favour.

So today I gained a new perspective. But then I don't think I am ironing out of love for the family lah. But I think if next time I start my own family, I also want to do that, and that time, it will be out of love. =)

Okie. I gotta stop crapping and go play some maple story and study a little. hee.

No comments: