heyo!!
I am backz! After a million years, after the festive season of CNY. It's too late to say, but anyway, happy CNY! I had an almost 15 day holidays.. abt 12. But spent my last wk of mid sem break going back to school to do project. haha.
Yeah! Today is a day worth celebrating. I handed in 2 reports, had 1 presentation and 1 quiz today! My gosh, I can't believe that I survived this. 1 report and 1 presentation was on the same case. My group came back 3 days last week to do this project. We started before CNY! Manz, by Saturday, I was so sian diao of the case liaoz, cos we keep arguing about their points and shooting ourselves questions. Cos' the presentation is mostly about being shot questions by other people and the teacher. Today wasn't too bad, didn't get shot some very unique question that we totally stunned about. Guess we shot ourselves too much beforehand. LOL.
Interview at EY was quite bad last week. Guess I didn't really want that department for internship, so didn't show much enthusiasm. Haiz. Should have chosen tax. If I don't get chosen I shall try for IRAS. lol. Internal audit turns out to be about analysing business risks etc, similar to a course on financial management that I studied before, like investments and stocks alike stuff. Manz, I hated that topic the most. Should have done some research before I replied EY.
Okie. The other report that I handed in today... I started reading the research material I got from online on Saturday night. And finished Sunday's afternoon, i.e. yesterday. Not too bad. Took about 7-8 hours to settle the report. It's about the impacts of eutrophication on marine environmental quality. Quite interesting. Lol. I should have studied environmental engineering. But physics, yikes.
Quiz on taxation. My gosh, I was still at a loss of how to compute some tax stuff, tax computation for assessable income. Okie, sounds foreign right? Never mind, just think of it as something like the financial statements. Or a list of stuff, think which to plus, which to minus, to arrive at a number - the income to be taxed! Although it sounds like math, manz, we have to look at the tax law to determine whether to add or minus k! I wished they provided that they want us to add or minus, then it would be like primary sch math. haha. Pon 2 hours of seminar and snugged away in the library to mug for my quiz. Was mugging for 4 hours. Lol. Just to learn how to plus and minus.
Okie, there goes. I feel accomplished! Super fruitful day - or is it week? Haha. Holidays all gone for projects. Even cancelled and rejected all appointments during the week, except to go out with my dear esthie who is leaving for aust.. =P
Tough? I think, this is some training. Cos' I think, this is the life of an accountant.
No comments:
Post a Comment