haha. You must be wondering, this woman doesn't update for months, and suddenly make so many updates in 1 day. haha, count it towards making up for the invisible entries that I didn't type during the months...
I was showering and suddenly thought (I always think about the most absurd things in showers, I like to think in showers. Somehow you think better.) about a phrase that I said in front of my relatives when I was very young. Perhaps in kindergarden, I was. Or primary school. I said that women don't need men to survive, we can be independent and earn our own living and be as capable as men. Haha. Perhaps the latter is true.
Then I was thinking, can women really live without men, i.e. without getting married? Yes of course, but I think that would be very lonely. Humans are social creatures, so that would probably be a torture. It's because now at this age of 21, we have our own family, our friends, even without boyfriends, we can survive and live our lives the normal way. But when you reach the age of 40, how many friends will there be to be by your side all the time? They will be married, with their own jobs and families to worry about. Parents, they can't be with you forever. It will be quite boring, I thought.
Take my mother for example. She works, come home to cook for me, then watch tv, and sleep. She hardly goes out with friends. And there are hardly phone calls, it is quite rare, but she talks for an hour when one comes. So it's true that everyone is busy with their own lives.
So is that why most people get married? To curb loneliness? Maybe. We were all brought up to think that people get married cos' they love each other. But on second thoughts, actually you can still continue loving each other even without getting married right?
Life is so complicated isn't it? But that's the fun of living!
No comments:
Post a Comment