These few days have been playing a lot of games, doing some homework.
As usual I was obsessed with Runescape. 1 thing very worth mentioning was that I actually got cheated on the game by another guy of some of my money and stuff(the game money lah). On Sunday. Actually I also know I was a little too gullible, and anyway, I was too weak to fight. So let's say it's my fault lahz. But being me, I was rather furious at that damn idiotic guy that night. That night, I was thinking about the realisation that the world is like that, full of cheaters and all, people who are out to make their own gains. I was quite disappointed with the reality that I lived in then.
Then the next day, on Monday, I logged in to play again. This time, I met a really nice guy at the Cooking Guild (somewhere where cooking is done in the game). He had a high cooking level, and he presented me with 2 cakes, a normal one and a chocolate one. What makes it most surprising was he said, Happy Birthday! when he gave me the cakes. I was sort of shocked and pleased, shocked because after a day of being cheated, I found a person who was nice and generous. Shocked because it was my birthday in 2 days, and he wished me. Even though he might just be joking when he said those words, it touched me. He was laughing when I told him that coincidentally, my birthday is in 2 days. A thought flashed across my mind for a brief moment: I wondered if God was at work, making him say it subconsciously the words 'Happy Birthday'.
I was making apple pie at that time in the guild, and he was too. He showed me where the redberries were for making redberry pie. At first I hesitated at following him to the spot, cos' the day before I was cheated cos' I followed that cheater around without knowing where he was going. I was a little more cautious, but something in my mind told me I should follow. So I followed. He went to the bank, I was even more suspicious, as the cheat the day before led me to the bank. But surprisingly, when he came out of the bank, he did something I would never imagine one would do. He gave me a sapphire ring! A sapphire ring that costs so much if he sells it. And the store that he can sell it to is right across the street from the bank. And he refused me when I tried to pay him something. AFter that, I continued to follow him to the location.
He didn't cheat me. He led me to the exact location of the berries, and told me to pick it up. I was again very thankful to him, and we prepared to go back the the guild to cook the pies. Halfway along the way, he asked my attacking level and offered to make a better weapon for me. I was even more surprised. Wow, he's really one kind and generous man. Altogether, he gave me a lot of stuff. He made me realise that they are good people in this world, that not everyone is selfish and all.
Most interestingly, I realised just this instant, that sapphire is my birth stone. This is all too miraculous. I think God is at work, teaching me that I should not be too trusting, but at the same time, he also taught me that there are good people in this world besides the evil, and that not everyone is interested in his own gains. I suddenly think that this value of helping others without thinking about repayment is so great, yet it is a value that not everyone can have. And it is something that one must have the courage and will to do.
3 more hours. Happy birthday to myself in advance. Gotta have dinner with yz and jy tml night. =) I secretly vowed that whoever ask me out to dinner on my birthday, I will wear my skirt. Haha. After all, it's the day I turn eighteen.
No comments:
Post a Comment