Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The biased perspective...

Alright. The evil thinking of mine. In fact I cheered for many people in the inclined pull up section, I was silent the moment it came to that W woman doing. Oh well. Can't help it, the enmity runs too deep I guess. She won me in a lot of stuff, running, whatever, I don't keep track. But I knew there was one section I will win her, inclined pull up. I was pulling up, getting a little tired by the 13th pull up, I told myself to go on, to go on. I must hit A and show that woman I can be good in something, better than her. When she did the pull ups, an evil thought rised up into my mind: Yeah she can't do more than 7. I didn't hear how many pull-ups she did. I was just confident that I will do better.

On the other hand, I pitied her. Pitied her cos' everyone was cheering very loudly for each person who did the pull-ups, when it came to her, it was unnaturally quiet. Though every now and then, there was a 'jiayou', then there was some 'feeble' support from Yizhen. I think partially cos' Yizhen very sad cos' she did only 3-4 pullups, partially cos' she wasn't that close to Wendy as the everyone thought.

Part of my heart felt sorry for Yizhen cos' she didn't get gold because of the pull-ups i think. But another part of my heart thought that it's time she lowered her arrogance. Right, arrogance. At first before I typed the previous sentence, I pondered on whether arrogance was too harsh a word to use. But I think it fits quite well. She's over-confident, every time in math tutorial, she would give her answers to the various parts of the questions to Mr Ng. Sometimes I thought, what if the answers were wrong? But I dismissed the thought cos' firstly, I don't have the capability and the right to say that of her as I haven't completed my tutorials. Secondly, it's quite good in a way cos' it's initiative, and anyway I believe others won't give any answers, given the 'silence' that Singaporean students always maintain when asked to speak. So it was quite alright. But once, she gave a different answer from BW, and she sort of 'insisted' that her answer was correct, with that self-confident look, too full of herself I should say. In the end she uttered a 'sorry', in my opinion quite an insincere manner, and said she made a mistake. It sounded like a simple mistake and matter that happens every other day, but that insincerity in her voice gave me a feeling or 'hidden arrogance'. Of course, that's all in my opinion, and I guess some things that contribute to this deduction might be that I am biased against TKSS people. Especially with those 2 in my class.

Biasedness is pretty strong. I was pretty pissed off during the shuttle run. Ee Ling ran very fast, 10+ seconds I think, or is it 9, aiyah, very fast lahz. That W woman and Yz, who were watching her, was cheering, and was very happy when Ee Ling outran her partner by quite a lot, achieving a very good timing. The thing that seriously pissed me off was a word from either of them, I think is W woman (I am biased), "TK de4." DUH. Come on, it's not ALL TKSS people run so fast. So your school have nothing to do with it. I don't care how loyal you are to your sec school, but don't need to say every good thing that happens is because you are "TK de4". What about the bad things? W woman's selfishness is also because she's "TK de4"? All good qualities come from teachings of your sec school, what about bad things? Not the school, so blaming the parents? Of course not. Totally DUHed by this type of brainless comment. And after the run, I was looking at Ee Ling, her face didn't show any sign of 'happiness' that her speed was due to her being "TK de". Of course, that may be due to her being too tired to show her content. Again biasedness.

Can't get out of the biased perspective. Oh well.

No comments: