Today is a day full of results. Good results of course. First comes GP essay, "Can a weblog ever replace a personal diary?" I got above 30,first essay to exceed the 30 mark, best I ever got in my 2 years of GP. Great, if I keep it up, and improve on my compre to get above 30, I can settle for a B first time in my life for GP in the prelims. Truly good essay? I think not. Because I took an extra of 30-40 minutes on it next to the 1.5 hours provided. But nevertheless, it's good results, something worth to be happy for.
I realised that sometimes a little of 'emotions' and exaggeration is quite good to add to an essay. I never thought much of my essay, despite the marks, but when Mrs Noordin was reading parts of it, I really felt my essay 'come to life'. She started with reading most of Chongyu's essay, and I was listening in awe and I guess my mouth was open. I am feeling very guilty; guilty because we, Singaporeans spent perhaps 6-8 years more studying English full time than these PRCs do, and yet, they did better than us in the subject. I can imagine the pains, the efforts he took to manage this subject so well. The language was truly great, not the ultimate greatness that an English expert display, of course, but great. Beautiful language. I am ashamed that I didn't take the efforts he had taken. I salute him in this area.
Alright. Next good result. Hit Gold for NFA. Nice results. Best I ever did in my life. I really did believe that stretching exercises the night before helps. A theory of my own. Cos' I was wondering why I could run faster in camps, when I was more tired, I could run with better stamina, and best of all, swiftly without aches. I always thought, always thought that it was so because there was cadets. I couldn't run slower than them, it's so embarrassing. I thought it was that motivation. For years I thought that way, I never did improve my running. But this time, I realised that it might be because I stretched a lot in camps, thus no aches. Tried this method this year, and hey presto! It works! But certainly the stretching is going to worsen the results if it's the time of the month. Confirm cramps.
Despite being fatter this year, still did better. This proved the hypothesis of being heavier in weight does not contribute to poor performance in NFA. But the gold a bit scraped past one, like many other years. But nevermind. It's the last yr le anyway. Think I will grow even fatter without PE. Fatness!!!
Hrm. AL asked me whether I was happy today. Weird question. Actually the feeling is not there in me, don't feel the happiness. The feeling is just... blank. Brings me to the question: There's results, but is there true happiness?
No comments:
Post a Comment