I had a crazy dream. Or rather a crazy idea. I thought of having a tag board in my room. No, not the tag board on my blogs. It's a physical, rectangular tag board. Using post it notes to put up the things I have to do, reminders and stuff.
It's nothing really new. I tried doing a project of that kind 4 to 7 years ago, can't remember when. It was a styrofoam board, decorated, with pins ready to pin the notes I want on. But soon I threw the board away cos' the styrofoam bits just rained on my desk, and the notes just wouldn't stay on as the pins just came off when it's hooked to something. And the string I used to hang the board on a holder, plastic hook that 'sticks' on to glass (oh the partial vacuum and whatsoever), the hooks just refused to stick on because it's too heavy, next to the bits that rained on my desk, the board often come tumbling down as well. I gave up the idea then.
A few years later, I tried with styrofoam again, this time trying to stick it to my wardrobe, so that no bits is found on my desk, and hopefully, the whatever sticky substance will make the styrofoam stick. But styrofoam is a crazy material, nothing I put on it will stick, except maybe white glue, but I don't want permanent stains on my wardrobe. Thus, with the wasted materials again, i gave up on the idea I had.
This time round, no styrofoam. A piece of hard black cardboard, yes the very expensive ones, 2 pieces stuck together to make my rank last time. Well, thought I will make good use of the remaining cardboard since it's worth like 3-4 bucks, nice colour, and it hasn't been used since I made my Sergeant rank in Std 4. (That seems so long ago.) Suddenly I dreamt about the idea, when I woke up, I began drawing various designs (D&T project, my god.) and started to think the Tag Board idea is quite cute. Simple, easy to make, no hassle. Sudden art inspiration I think. Within 1 hour, it was done. Stuck on the door of my bookshelf.
I wonder if I will use it. But it's nice, a little relaxation project of my own. Realised everytime I am going for an important exam, this type of ideas will strike me from nowhere. LOL. Doesn't matter if I don't use it. Just a happy project doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment