Sunday, July 18, 2004

Hi.

I have finally reached POP. This is their POP, though it feels a bit like my 2nd POP. They have passed out, and even the sign on people won't go back till december for JNCO. Just like me. That's why the passing out feelings lies in me.

The pres JY did was very nice. Now as I looked at their photos, made me realise again that they have grown and matured over the years, ever since I took them as an instructor in Sec1. Time flies. Made me feel so old. I have took them for 3 years.

Actually I don't feel any sad feelings. In fact I am quite happy to see that the kids I took for 3 years grow to become such a capable squad. Last night I didn't sleep much, 1.5 hours maybe. They gave us a bottle of notes each, where each person wrote and rolled it up, putting it in a bottle. And invited us to watch their video, quite touching, but instead of sadness that arose in me, I feel happiness. They actually made an effort to make a video of their very own, and show it during their own POP night. The many things they did as a squad and the going ons of their past year as an instructor has taught them a lot, to become a better person and learn things that can be useful to their life in society.

POP was okie on the whole, just that the parade was a flop. It's over though. I have learnt another valuable lesson in life. It's through failures that you will truly learn.

Reminded me of my very own squad. Though we were not as close in terms of a squad as a whole, my classmates cum squadmates, my NA and AA, and a few others, were close friends, some even close sisters/brothers. POP always brings back memories.

Now that I have 'passed out', really not very qi guan to settle for life without any speck of SJ. Though it's time to start piaing. 2 months to prelims. Not a very short time. I want 3 As. Even if not, I want As in Physics and Cmaths, and hopefully a B in Fmath. GP, expectations not very high, I just want a B3.

This squad, no matter whether they like me or not, they were worth my time and effort. Though sometimes me or even JY have felt doubt whether our efforts are worth it, juggling btw our CMC posts and this SMC post, but I believe that in both of our hearts, we know it's worth it.

Take care, Std 4s. Hope to see most of the 15 of you this coming JNCO.

No comments: